Saturday, February 15, 2014

Having a Hoot of a Time



I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Mine was nice and relaxing and of course, full of love.  This past week here has been very cold (-40C) and snowy. This has made for lots of knitting time.  In honour of St. Valentine and my daughters love for owls I made these cuties to brighten their day.  They are similar to the green guy I made last year.  These guys are much larger as they are made with chunky yarn but the same construction.  For you knitters, they are like a little hat turned upside down, stuffed and sewn closed across the top.  The eyes are crocheted circles and the beak is just a little yarn stitched over.  Pretty simple and fun to make.  If there is interest I will work on an instruction sheet.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment